FEELINGS 4


Learning the difference between feelings and thoughts is tricky business. I personally had a very hard time with this. Most of the time I thought I was feeling, but really I was just thinking. I found out that “I feel like” is a thought, an opinion, not a feeling, and “I feel like” was a major part of my language.

A way that I get in touch with feeling is to listen to one of my favorite worship songs, and instead of thinking the words, or what the words are saying, or what they mean to me, I feel them inside, instead. I feel the song deep within my spirit, deep in my gut area. I turn my focus and attention on the Lord and feel. I feel it until it is burning deep inside of me. As His love is burning deep inside, I turn my attention to Him and feel that burning love inside. For me, I have found that it is impossible to do while in my head thinking about what is around me, like the worship team, or who is sitting in front of me at church but if I turn my attention to the Lord within, then I can feel Him and burn in His love.

Try it and see how you do. It might take practice, but it is a conscious choice. This is how I do it. I get lost in the burning within, instead of my imagination. I can use my imagination also, but right now we are talking about learning to feel, so that is what I am sharing about.

There are so many great songs that mention burning within. His love burns within. “My heart is the wick, and His Love is the Flame and I want to burn for His name”, That is where I want to live with Him. It is my passion to help others learn to connect with Him, and live there with Him also.

Learning to feel is very important. I know because it changed my life. Learning to feel has made the difference. It made the difference because I couldn’t learn to live with Him inside of me if I lived in my head, and if I lived in my head I couldn’t learn to feel. For me, I had to learn to feel before I could feel Him inside. Learning to connect with Him inside was not only life-changing for me, but it is more than I could ask or imagine! I am never alone! He is always with me.

No matter what, Do Not Beat Yourself Up! We are in process, so rest in the process! Be still and know that He is God and He will take care of you! Rest in the process!

#heartsandmindssetfree #feel #feelings #head #moment #thoughts #thinking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REGRETS

FINDING WORTH

BOUNDARIES