PRESENT MOMENT 3


One morning last summer when I was leaving my sister’s beach house I realized that the way to my car was up a  massive amount of steps. I looked up and was thinking to myself how far it was to get to the top. I felt tired just looking up there! Normally, steps are one of my favorite forms of exercise, but this time, I looked up at the very top before starting, and it seemed overwhelming. So I put my foot on the first step and focused on that step as I climbed, and I was reminded that if I look at the end and try to get the strength to go to the top of the steps it can seem daunting, but if I focus on the step where my foot is, one at a time I am at the top before I know it. It is just like life!

I had forgotten how much I loved doing steps when I did them one at a time. I had forgotten because I first looked at the end and was afraid I couldn’t make it up there to the top. I knew better from past experiences how the steps worked for me, but nonetheless I had forgotten. I let the fear of failure get the better of me. I dwelled too long on the goal instead of getting strength in the journey.

No matter what step we are on in our journey, God gives us the strength for the moment we are in. He gives us ability for the step we are climbing right now. His grace is sufficient for us for the moment we are in, and the next step, and the next! Rest with Him in the journey. It is with His strength and His grace that we will reach the goal, the end of the journey. Let us do part and leave the rest up to Him.

#heartsandmindssetfree #inthemoment #head #heart #mind #feelings

#hearts #minds #freedom #god #love #moment #feel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REGRETS

FINDING WORTH

BOUNDARIES